Who We Are:
We are an independent, non-denominational, fundamental, evangelistic, self governing body of Bible believers not bound to any organization. Our purpose is two fold: (1) To evangelize the community and (2) To edify the body of Christ.
As an independent Bible Church we are free from denominational programs and religious hierarchy. This gives us liberty to structure our ministry after Scriptural patterns.
We believe the Bible must be Rightly Divided according to the principle set forth in II Timothy 2:15. Therefore, our emphasis is on the Message of Grace committed to our trust by our risen Lord through the ministry of the Apostle Paul, and on the Grace-life this message produces.
1. We believe that the entire Bible is inspired of God, is without error and is the final authority for our faith and practice (II Tim. 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
We believe that the Bible has been preserved and exists today for English speaking people in the Authorized Version, commonly called the King James Bible, (II Tim. 3:15-16; Psalms 12:6-7; 119:89; Matthew 5:18).
2. Because The Word Of God Is Inspired, In Order To Be Rightly Understood It Must Be Rightly Divided.
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the Word of Truth.
3. The Deity Of Jesus Christ Is Always Kept In View. For if Jesus Christ is not God then HE cannot forgive sin because only God can forgive sin. 1Kings 8:39 Then hear thou (GOD) in heaven thy (God’s) dwelling place, and forgive…..
IF Jesus Christ were not God it could not be said of Him in Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;
4. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Matthew 28:19; II Cor. 13:14; Eph. 4:4-6; I John 5:7).
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man (Luke 1:35; Romans 1:3-4; Philippians 2:6-9).
6. The All Sufficiency Of HIS ONE SACRIFICE. There is no other method of salvation available to the fallen children of Adam but through the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary. 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
7. We believe in the eternal security of the believer (Romans 5:1-2; 8:29-34; 38-39; Eph. 1:13-14; Philippians 1:6) and the eternal damnation of the lost (Romans 2:1-11; Eph. 5:6; II Thess. 1:7-9; Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8).
8. We believe that man is saved by grace through faith alone. Man is depraved, utterly sinful and his efforts, regardless of how well intended, cannot earn salvation.
Salvation is a free gift made available by the complete payment for sin through Christ’s death on the cross (Romans 3:9-12; 3:24-28; 4:1-8; I Cor. 1:18-31; 15:3-4; Eph. 2:8-9).
9. We believe that the church of this dispensation is the Body of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23; 3:1-6)
10. We believe the mission and commission of the Body of Christ is to proclaim the message of reconciliation (II Cor. 5:14-21) and to preach Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery (Romans 16:25; Eph. 3:8-9).
The “gospel of the grace of God” is referred to as “my gospel” by Paul, the Apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 2:16; 16:25). It is this gospel that we are entrusted today (I Thess. 2:4).
11. The Edification Of The Body Of Christ.
This cannot be overemphasized. The purpose of the ministry of Grace Bible Community Church is not to cause people to doubt their Salvation but to establish them in the faith.
We acknowledge that the above articles of faith do not exhaust the content of our faith however, we believe this list distinguished some basic truths which are commonly disregarded by many churches today.